Friday, April 07, 2017

Hey, it's not-Lego Nightcrawler, with his iconic...batwing death jetpack.


As seen in...something or other, I'd imagine.

If you search eBay for about ten seconds, you can find all kinds of faux-kinda-Lego minifigure superheroes, ranging from loose standards like Batman or Iron Man, to favorites that Lego hasn't gotten around to like Spawn or Hydra Captain America or the cast of X-Men: Apocalypse. (We saw the not-Lego Fantastic Four some years back, as well as a larger Thing figure.) I already had the Apocalypse Nightcrawler, but there was another set that came with the insane jetpack thing here. I think there were others from that movie, with equally ridiculous cobbled-together value adds; but a quick search just found the figures. Shipping may take a bit from overseas, but prices range from dirt cheap to cheap; although they may be non-non-toxic: probably not for littler little kids, I'd say.

The quality may vary: I've liked most of the ones I've bought, but I got the Wife not-Legos of the Scooby gang (from Scooby-Doo, not Buffy) and she hated them. She may yet be holding out for the licensed Lego versions, which may involve a couple of fair-sized sets. Search for a bit and see if you're not sucked in: I found a pretty decent looking classic red/halo costume Angel, Spider-Man Noir, Agent Venom and Spidey 2099! (EDIT: Original and new versions of Spidey 2099!) I think I might see another order in my future.

No comments: