Thursday, October 01, 2015

When did the Demon become a romantic lead?


So far in the New 52, I think I've seen Etrigan with more girls than Hal Jordan: Madame Xanadu in Demon Knights, Zatanna in Justice League Dark: Futures End, and here Fire, in Justice League 3000 #15, "Burning Bright!" Plot by Keith Giffen, dialog by J.M. DeMatteis, art by Howard Porter.

I really need to pick up more of this, even though this was technically the last issue: it's up to Justice League 3001 now. (When it reaches 3100, sell!) (Boo!) This issue features the cloned Justice League, Fire and Ice, a future Camelot, and the new Injustice League of Lois Lane!...I have no idea what is up with half of that, hence, need more comics.

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Hmm. You definitely got a point there on that. The Demon as a modern sex symbol? WHAT WOULD JACK KIRBY THINK!?

The Fire/Demon pairing at least makes sense from an obvious conceptual and visual standpoint, and I guess Zatanna kinda' does, even though that was weird to see. In any case, go Etrigan you hellish horn dog you!

You can damn well bet I'm using this now:)

SallyP said...

Well apparently, he's a great kisser.