Wednesday, February 26, 2014

"Everyone's treated Uniformly."


If you're a fan of action figure, or action figure blogs, you've probably seen that Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation is going on hiatus. Which sucks, but I wish him the best.

It's the sort of thing that makes some wonder, how long do you plan on blogging? Or, as Battlegrip wonders, is there something else you could be doing, to make your blog bigger and better? For me, the answers are "for the foreseeable future, as long as I can" and "probably, but eh." I still enjoy what I'm doing here, and if you do too, then so much the better. But I don't see myself making any sort of concerted effort to drum up readers or anything. I've thought about taking some time to set up an ad at Project Wonderful, which is a good idea, but I don't know if I could or should use Nightcrawler and Deadpool for an ad, since I don't own them. (Speaking of, coming soon, an extra-length Nightcrawler and Deadpool story!)

Figure I'm just going to keep plugging along, as usual. I've often said, not entirely jokingly, that a good chunk of the reason I keep this blog is my personal hedge against senility; and the other reason is to make little comics that I'd like to see. So, we'll be around. See you then.

5 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Well to be completely biased here, I truly hope you don't stop until you lose the battle against senility. I'm sure I'll be joining you in that fight soon. Hell, sometimes it feels like I've already been forcibly drafted;)

I can definitely see where the fine folks at Poe are coming from. I took a whole week off earlier this month due to burn out, not to mention cutting down from doing 4 skits a week to two, and only posting 4 days a week, as opposed to 5.

I know you have those days too, but it helps to read encouragement by those who actually take the time to humor you and read your work. Trust me, that kind of support goes a long way in convincing you to keep trucking. I know it does for me.

I eagerly await that other project you got brewing though. Good on ya'.

That being said, cute skit. Should I feel bad for feeling kinda attracted to those chick figures, 'cause they're hot!

CalvinPitt said...

I'm with Dave, I hope you keep blogging for a long time.

I think I'll also keep going for as long as I can find the time and energy. The only thing I'd like to do is get a scanner so I could start posting panels and stuff from comics. It'd help when I try to discuss art in reviews, for one thing. Also, I was thinking of doing what Siskoid did with his Daily Splash Page, just working through every title I own an issue of. But who knows when I'll get to that.

googum said...

I love my scanner. And I don't even like it, compared to my old scanner; which I'm keeping as a reserve and not because I'm a horder.

The flip side is, sometimes you think of all the things you could, in theory, accomplish if you weren't plinking away at the daily grind of a blog. Like building my own six-inch scale Castle Greyskull from clay and indigenous materials! Or learning to sculpt! Or building a 3-D printer instead of learning to sculpt! Fortunately, those things are all hard, so we'll continue blogging instead...

SallyP said...

Argh! Everybody is quitting! I must be getting old.

Don't quit, Googum. For the love of God, your version of Deadpool and Nightcrawler is the best one in the universe.

And incidentally, this skit was hilarious. As usual.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Here, here! His Deadpool and Kurt skits really are the best versions of those characters not being published. I'd gladly start a petition for Goo to write only them from now on both here and at Marvel.
That is if Goo's not too lazy to make a go at it;)