Friday, June 17, 2011

Green Lantern opens today...


...but I don't think I'll be going until at least Sunday. Early reviews may not be...glowing, as it were; but you probably should have different expectations from the Dark Knight than you should for this. I do want to keep my eyes open and see if they recommend springing for the 3D or not, though.

And the Hulkbot isn't a Green Lantern figure, but fit in fairly well. I would love to have scaled stickers, of GL rings and logos, to 'deputize' other figures. There may be some available from Stickerfixer.com, a branch of Reprolabels.com, which usually makes replacement stickers for Transformers. May have to look into that; and of course I haven't picked up any of the Movie Masters figures yet either. Later for that, too.

3 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Nice one Goo. I'm still on the fence myself whether to see it or not. I don't like Ryan Reynolds as Hal, nor do I care for his god-awful bacon-looking costume either. I think I'll wait until it comes out on DVD. But I will be going to see X-Men:First Class today though.

On a side-note, I hope DC doesn't force the movie continuity into the regular comics like Marvel has to a degree. I know alot's riding on this for future GL movies, and even for a JL movie, but please keep both things separate!

SallyP said...

Well...I just saw it and I loved it, but then I AM a huge GL fan. Still...a few minor ups and downs, but mostly fun.

This picture of all the Lanterns though, is delightful. (as are the Oa scenes in the movie!)

Sea-of-Green said...

Ha! No, I don't think the movie will kill the franchise. Green Lanterns fans should like it just fine. :-)