Friday, April 08, 2011

Shortlist: I miss buying figures just for the accessories...

That panel of Azazel? Good. That last panel of Mystique? Not good. Something about that panel of Azazel had been bothering me. But, I couldn't put my finger on it, until I saw this promo piece for Skullkickers.

I haven't read that one yet, but check out the link here. Just to hammer on the point, here's a page from Forgotten Realms #19, "Picking Up the Pieces" Written by Jeff Grubb, pencils by Rags Morales, inks by Dave Simons.

There's a lot more steins in that last one, but I was thinking goblets. Chalices. (I refuse to call them 'pimp cups.')

They would seem to be a much-needed accessory for your fantasy characters, although I doubt Mattel would want their Masters of the Universe to be seen as heavy drinkers, no matter how obvious it is that Ram-Man's had more than a couple. On the other hand, the recent DC Unlimited Dragon Age Duncan figure does come with a kind of cool looking cup, but I haven't played the game and don't know about the character. I can't really throw down on the figure just for one accessory...not for full price, anyway. Maybe if he came with two, or if Morrigan came with one. (And as usual, the Amazon links are for reference only, I recommend shopping around and if you do go Amazon, go through another site that'll get a kickback...)

I thought I used the Chalice of Kali that came from Colonel Dovchenko of the Indiana Jones line. There's actually a couple other figures that have come with goblets or chalices that would work with your six-or-seven inch figures; but be careful: the Marvel Select Dr. Doom figure comes with a goblet...-ed hand; an alternate drinkin' hand for the good doctor. Try the Spike figure from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which might be a bit spendy but also comes with a coffee cup and a kitty. Oh, and Spike, I guess.

No comments: