Wednesday, December 02, 2009

"Wreckwing, part two"

Chiasaur11 probably wasn't the only one to guess this, but Lockheed would wipe the floor with Redwing; easily cementing his position as team Wolverine-type in the Pet Avengers. (Haven't read that yet, actually, but I'm falling behind on a lot of things.)

Both Lockheed and Redwing would get representation in the Marvel Legends line; Redwing of course with Falcon, and Lockheed with Kitty Pryde. That particular Lockheed sits on the tail of my Nightcrawler figure on my desk at work, a shout-out to the old Dave Cockrum Nightcrawler limited series, and is also probably a bit more in scale than the one I used here. Like the Redwing from the old Avengers animated line, this Lockheed is from a New Mutants wave and came with Illyana Rasputin/Magik. I think both of them had missile-firing action, and that I've lost both their missiles. (And hopefully you can't tell, but one of poor Lockheed's wings is broken and held on with putty in this strip.)

No comments: