Wednesday, November 26, 2008

This may be it for this week, since tomorrow I'm driving out to have Thanksgiving with my sister and her family. Hope everyone has a good holiday planned, or at least a turkey sandwich and the Cowboys game.

What's scarier than Christmas decorations before Halloween? How about Halloween decorations in late November? I drove by a place yesterday that still had all the cobwebs, tombstones, a strobe light, and possibly one of those moaning/cackling noisemakers going. If the mail starts to pile up, contact the authorities, OK? Frankly, I approve: it sets that place apart from the others on the block, and is far less intrusive than the political ads, which thankfully are down by now.

Still, I can't really say anything about updating my decorations, since I still had this fellow up, a licensed Creature from the Black Lagoon beanie thing; and his compadres Frankenstein (the Monster), Dracula...and the Phantom of the Opera.

Oddly, although I have action figures of several other sea monsters (besides Zoidburg), and at least a couple versions of Frankenstein's Monster; the only Dracula I have is from the Marvel Monsters boxset: I don't have figures in the traditional Universal style.

I used to work in the mall, and played the crane in the basement arcade. A lot, apparently: I had multiples of Dracula and the Phantom, although I managed to give a couple away. To date, I've still never seen any version of Phantom of the Opera all the way through, but I am fond of telling theatre-goers that I was thrown out of Miss Saigon just for asking when the chandelier fell.

Anyway. Next week, ongoing Nightcrawler and Deadpool strips continue, and maybe even some comic posts. See you then!

1 comment:

Sea-of-Green said...

Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like the Creature from the Black Lagoon. ;-)