Thursday, March 20, 2008

"Y'see, sometimes retirement isn't rewarded, it's forced."
Give me a jumpsuit and a handgun, and I'll take better care of the yard. I promise.
From What The--?! #2.

I wasn't feeling too hot today: long, boring day at work, it's tried to snow on me a little twice today, Sugarpie's dug himself a nest in my mattress, and so on, etc. I was hoping to get started on pictures for the next batch of homemade comics, but I just wasn't up for it.

I did find this issue while I was digging up some Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe issues, though. Nick Fury and the Infinity Formula came up over at Pretty, Fizzy Paradise a couple of weeks back, and Kalinara had a pretty funny take on it. (I have the Jim Starlin/Howard Chaykin Marvel Premiere issue where Fury gets the Formula, but I don't see it right handy, so maybe we'll check that later.)

The point is, it's never really been addressed why Fury's friends, namely Gabe Jones and Dum Dum Dugan, aren't much, much older than they appear to be. Fury has the Infinity Formula (called the Eternity Formula in this spoof, which is no worse a name) to keep him more than a bit more spry than an eighty-plus-year-old should be.

This could be a reason to look forward to senility...
"Furey" then runs afoul of the Hydra Ladies Auxiliary. Hilarity ensues. In the end, he offers to try and get Dum Dum a prescription for the Formula, mostly for his own benefit. Funny, but it would be pretty cool if Dum Dum and Gabe had found their own, unrelated methods of staying younger: I think Jimmy Woo did something like that in Agents of Atlas, which I really need to finish reading.

Speaking of finishing reading, this reminds me: I think I missed an issue of Severin's Bat Lash, I better track that down. Probably out for the week, so have fun, and stay warm!

1 comment:

SallyP said...

You had me at the mention of the Hydra Ladies Auxilary.