Thursday, March 13, 2008

Six Months Later:
Does Hank wear the Yellowjacket costume all the time?  Well, hell, I would.
Cheating on your spouse is wrong, but...Hank's taken a lot of crap over the years, and I'd have a hard time scolding the guy.
There's a Heroclix Ultron, right?  I thought I might have one, but didn't find it in time.
I was going to save this one to pad out my comic-a-week backlog, but then decided if it was gonna work, it probably would work better immediately after yesterday's. This one was knocked out over the course of a day: written at work, pictures around nine, on the computer until a little after eleven. The Ultron is from the Marvel Battledice, and I have a grand total of seven: a starter set with him, Spidey, Cap, Doc Ock, Wolvie, and Magneto; and a Nightcrawler I picked up on eBay.

My Ultron is probably as evil and genocidal as the "real" version, just way less effective. It also occurs to me that Yellowjacket--"Hank"--may be hearing the voice of Ultron, or it could all be in his head. Maybe he did another bang-up job in the Ultron reconstruction, or maybe it's just a toy that Hank imagines to be his "bad son." Does a parent ever stop loving their child? Admittedly, Ultron's tough to love, so it could go either way.

And for anyone who wonders why Wasp doesn't notice Ultron, and if that hints at him being a figment of Hank's imagination, well, I kinda figure no matter how much Jan loves Hank, she has at best a passing interest in anything Hank's up to. Usually, it's more likely a benign indifference. Just a thought.

4 comments:

SallyP said...

Oh, this is great. I'm actually starting to feel a wee bit sorry for Ultron. But only a wee bit.

Anonymous said...

"I kinda figure no matter how much Jan loves Hank, she has at best a passing interest in anything Hank's up to. Usually, it's more likely a benign indifference."

My fiancee does that. The reassuring smile, then she lets the geek have his fun. :D

Marc Burkhardt said...

The wind-up Ultron should team up with the imprisoned evil demon lord in Empowered.

They could watch reality TV together.

Stephen said...

you got seem really good acting out of that yellow jacket figure, sir. good body language well done.