Thursday, February 28, 2008

Due to budgetary cutbacks, Cap couldn't get the deluxe model he wanted.
And they didn't even spring for the matching flippers!  S.H.I.E.L.D. is a buncha cheap bastards.

From Tales of Suspense #93, reprinted in Marvel Double Feature #17, like it says, Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, and Joe Sinnott.

Although you don't get much more of a look at it, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s "Long-distance mini-cruiser!" is more like a scuba hat-suit. I wanted to post this one, though, since there's a jetpack-skycycle accessory from the Captain America figure from the mid-90's Spider-Man line that reminds me of this. (In the picture on the sidebar, it's that Cap toy in the ice...like that helps.)

So, today's entry is just a post-it note to remind me to look for it. I still have one in the package, which isn't much help; but I liked the figure, even though Cap was a bit larger in scale than other figures in the line, he looks extra pissed-off, and his shield was a little small. And had a pull-string sparking action. Not his best one, yes.

This issue was probably the second or third building up the threat of MODOK, who hadn't been seen yet. I wonder if his big reveal was a hit at the time?

At any rate, this may or may not be it for this week: Tomorrow, I'm hopefully going to get to the comic shop, for the new Cap, Nexus, and probably Gravel. We'll see if I'm up for an actual post, but if not, have a good weekend!

EDIT: It didn't occur to me until just now, but Cap probably has his shield on his back, under that thing!

1 comment:

CaptainAverage said...

Okay,I love Cap, but let's face it, he's corny pretty often.And yet ,I've never seen him look as uncool as he does there.OMG,why couldn't he just have scuba gear??