Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Sweet Monkey Jeebus, how the hell do other bloggers post daily? I'm tired, the photos aren't ready, my notes are way over there...

In my defense, the baby was up for hours, from at least midnight to maybe three. That late at night, with only a couple hours of half-sleep and even less time until you're supposed to be at work, and you can totally believe your own kid is completely fucking with you. He's usually slept through the night from the time he was three months old, so it was unusual for him to scream his head off like that. I didn't want to give him a bottle, because we had been trying to get him off the nighttime bottle because he kept filling his diaper and waking up at 4:00 AM. So he'd yell, and the temptation would be to give in and give him the sippy-cup but that would be like giving him an engraved invitation to scream his head off whenever he wanted something, and I'd be the milk bitch.

Eventually, my wife realized he was cold. Put him in footie pajamas, and that was that. Last week was record heat for this area, cold the last couple days, hot again tonight; but that baby has pretty much kissed off sleeping in his little shorts for the next year or so. Sweat is good for you, son! And already I'm breaking my blog promise to my wife: "Don't blog anything admissible as evidence."

No comments: